Johnson

Johnson

Friday, September 11, 2009

Yesterday was quite eventful

Yesterday I went to put Clay down for tummy time, and no sooner do I look over to grab some toys for him to look at, do I see our little man rolling over to his back! I thought it was a fluke because I had just put him down and I thought maybe I had put him a little on his side so it was me helping him to roll over. Well, I put him back on his belly again and sure enough, he rolled over again!!! I got the 3rd one on video. I can't believe it. Now begins the time when they become more and more mobile. So tummy time quickly becomes laying on his back time, which he doesn't seem to mind so much because he has never been a fan of laying on his tummy. He's so big.
This is what I slept next to last night... oh no where did Clay go???
Oh, there he is.. in his crib, in HIS room!

We have been trying to transition Clay from his cradle in our room to his crib in his room. We went on a trip this past weekend, where he had to sleep in many different places, so I thought when we came home, it would be a nice time to transition him, since he probably wouldn't remember his cradle anyway. All the naps since Tuesday have been in his crib, but I still put him in his cradle at night. Last night was the time. I was a little worried because since about 8 weeks our little guy has been sleeping 8-10 hours at night and has not woken up in the middle of the night since. So, I felt like changing his environment might do the trick, and we would be up all hours of the night. Plus, I kind-of like sleeping in between my two favorite men. And I like having Clay at an arms reach (you know, like all new moms do, you have to check sometimes just to make sure they are breathing!). Well, last night went great. He slept through the night like the little sleeping pro that he is. He woke up only about 30 min earlier than he has been. He had scooted himself up all the way to the top of the crib, and his head was hitting the top of the bummer, so that might have woken him up, who knows?! I'll know to position him a little lower tonight. It's a little sad to me. I mean, he is not my little newborn anymore. I almost felt like he was going to be so lonely in his room all by himself (I know, he doesn't really care, he just wants to eat, sleep, poop, and now ROLL OVER!). His room is right next to ours and we left both doors open which made me feel better, like we were sort of in the same room. I know he will only get bigger and bigger and hit more and more milestones, which is sad and exciting all at the same time. In some ways I want him to be my little baby forever and in other ways, I want him to grow into (Lord willing) a godly man who loves the Lord with all his heart. I know, I am already missing the newborn stage and he is only 15 weeks old, that's a little ridiculous.