Johnson

Johnson

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Passover


So, I realized that a lot of my posts are about the culture and fun we have been having here. I haven't really been able to post about the reason we are here. We are teaching high schoolers at Mindanao International Chistian Academy (MICA). Which is a great joy, and some days, an even greater challenge. I am teaching 2 math classes and one yearbook class. Rob is teaching 9th grade Old Testament, 3rd/4th grade and 7th/8th grade PE. Can I brag on my husband for a little bit? I am so proud of him. This is his first time teaching and he is doing a great job. The students love him! It is so neat as a wife to sit back and just watch your husband grow. I know that we have only been married for 2 years now, but I can see how God had continued to mold my husband into a man of God. I love him so much and am so thankful that I get to experience this year with my best friend and the love of my life. Wow, that just came bubbling out.
He has done some fun things with his OT class and a couple days ago was one of them. He lead a passover meal for them. Fortunately, I do not have a class during the period his OT class is, so I was able to sit in, help out, and (of course) take pictures. He did a great job and the kids really seemed to enjoy it, although it was a little rushed. It is hard to fit a whole passover meal in a 45 min. class period. Well, here are some pics:







One of the students enjoying the bitter herbs

the hand washing

Our prayer is that these students would come to know the Lord in a more intimate way. Please pray that we can show each of these students the amazing love of Christ. We know that the Lord has brought us here to the Philippines for a reason. We hope that God might use us to minister to those we come incontact with, whether it be the students we teach, or the little kids we meet at the market. Wherever we are, we want to live a life that honors and glorifies our Lord and Savior. He is the One our lives are about and for. To Him be the glory now and forever. Amen!

1 comment:

Renee said...

Wow, that looks like fun. I'm sure Rob is doing an awesome job (and you too, of course)! Do you think he found his calling? Isn't wonderful to have a husband that you are proud of and that you truly respect!