Johnson

Johnson

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Orphanage

This past Saturday, the student council organized an outreach at an orphange. We had about half the student body show up. Not only were we there to love on the kids, but we were also there to help them move some furniture and take care of some needs! We had a great time. The kids were adorable and the students were so great with them. There were some students that really surprized me! It was great. Here are some pics:

Here I am reading to an adorable little boy. He was pretty timid at first, but quickly warmed up to us!

Two of our students loving on the kids

He's so cute!


The Philippine lawn mower! Notice the shirt? This is the exact outfit Rob use to wear to work at Davie Shoring. It was a little weird when we got home and I glance at my husband looking sweaty in his Davie Shoring outfit. Talk about flashbacks!

More cuteness!

I think we wore them out!

4 comments:

Linds said...

oh... how sad. Doesn't it make you want to adopt them all and give them a good home? Drew said that if we went off of my hearts feelings we'd be running an orphanage and a homeless pet shelter. It just breaks my heart to see babies without a mommy to love on them and give them kisses!!!!

-C said...

I'm so glad you were able to do that. Sam and Zach are happy to share some of your love with any of those little ones. ;)

Renee said...

Wow, I'm sure that was great and hard at the same time. Did you want to bring some of them home with you? I hope to be able to do that one day. What a great activity to plan - nice work Student Council Advisor!!! LOL :-)

Bekah said...

Hey, I used to walk here after church on Sunday and spend an hour or so with the kids! I definitely loved loving on them and would love to adopt one eventually. At the time, I wasn't married, though, so it wasn't practical then. Great pictures. Thanks again for pointing out your blog. It brings back great memories!