Johnson

Johnson

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Sadie Hawkins Mystery in the Library

We had a very busy Saturday this past weekend. Not only did we go to AJ's Birthday Party, but the MICA Student Council also had a Sadie Hawkins Banquet that evening. We came up with the idea of a mystery dinner. You know where everyone is a character and you get clues throughout the entire night to help you solve the mystery. In this mystery, all the characters from books in a library would come alive at night. And the King turned up missing one night. The mystery: who stole the King? So, each of the students and teachers were a different character. Their costumes were amazing! They did a great job. One of the things I have learned about MICA students: they LOVE to dress up! Although no one solved the mystery, it was a really good night. The students really seemed to enjoy themselves. Here are some pics:
Goldilocks and the 3 Bears!
Snow White and one of the dwarfs
The wolf, little red riding hood and the grandmother
The Genie, Aladdin, and Jasmine

Cleopatra and Dr. Watson
Dr. Watson and Sherlock Holmes

5 comments:

Renee said...

Sounds like fun. Where do you get all of these great ideas for activities? I'm amazed at the kids costumes - for this and the western dance. Where do they get them?

Melody said...

I absolutely love to read your blog, Christina! I never know what's going to happen to you guys next. Rob as Dr. Watson! Who knew! Give my brother a hug for me and tell him he makes a cute English detective! =)

Gramps said...

I Love your blogs. I always am entertained by your writing & the pics. Most especially the pics of you and Rob as Cleopatra & Dr. Watson. I hope you never lose your sense of humor & your ability to put your experiences in your blog.
Thanks for the card
Love & prayers from
The Burkitts

Anonymous said...

We miss you!.I love reading your blog.I never know what to expect when I read it. Both you and Rob are doing great job. Jordan made straight A'S

We love you,

Wofford's

Andy said...

we did one of these with we were in washington and it was so much fun. we were all story book characters. maybe it was the same one. they look similar.