Johnson

Johnson

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Trip to the Market

The first time I went to the market here, I only had my little camera. I have been wanting to go back just to take pictures with my SLR camera and yesterday I got the opportunity. Since we have a friend in town from NOLA, we asked if he would like the cultural experience and he did! Here are some pics I took:

The Meat section, oh the smell... yes, these are pigs feet hanging!
Of course we are quite the specticle, especially a white person with a camera. These two cute guys wanted me to take their pictures with their ducklings! So cute!
Dried Fish!
Of course, lots of fresh veggies!
This is how they sell soy sauce, cooking oil, etc.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't look like the "French Market"
at all!

Anonymous said...

OH i forgot to sign my name.

Miss Missa

Linds said...

so the soy sauce and stuff... how do you transfer it to your food in those weird bags? do they sell containers?

Also, it totally looks like the pigs feet are throwing the peace sign at you... hilarious!

Erika said...

Oh my word! I've been thinking about you too!!! Thanks for saying hi :) I actually am about 16 weeks pregnant! Craziness. I'll be the typical 'person' - and when will it be your turn???? :)

Erika said...

Hey Christina, you know email might be easier :) The little girl you saw was a niece of ours, this is our first one. I feel like we have so much to catch up on!!! Where you guys are, how you got there, what the wedding was like????? It's been awhile :(

Renee said...

That place looks right out of a movie or something (at least since that's the only place I've seen markets like that). Thanks for posting pictures again.