Johnson

Johnson

Monday, March 03, 2008

High School OE

If you read my blog regularly, you know that Rob and I recently went on the Middle School OE (Outdoor Education). Have no fear, the high school goes on OE too!!! From what I hear, the high school OE is a lot different from the middle school OE. The High school OE is more like a mission's trip, where we go into a village and help build things, do kid's club stuff, etc. This one is also 10 days long, twice as long as the middle school one. This year, we are going to Nasuli, where there was a big flood in December. Many of the houses in the surrounding village were completely destroyed in the flood. So, we are going to help rebuild some houses, build CRs (bathroom... they are just like an outhouse), dig a well, paint a school, etc. I am really excited about it! I LOVE trips like this. Each teacher is incharge of a group of students. Unfortunately Rob and I are not together this time. We each have our own group, so I am not sure how much I will actually get to see him! This is a picture of my group... We are minus one, Diego, because he recently got really sick. Well, we leave tomorrow (March 5th) and will be back on March 14th. We would appreciate your prayers over this trip. Just pray for the people we will be ministering to, that they would see the love of Christ through us. Please also pray for the students, that this trip would impact their lives in a way where they learn to LOVE God above all else. Also, there are a few students who are not Christians, please pray for their slavation. We will have no internet access... so there will be no bloging while we are gone. But don't worry, as soon as we get back, I will have plenty of pictures to share with you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun.I so enjoy your blogs,but most of I can see how God is changing you. Our prayers go with you.
Melissa

Renee said...

Well, I know you are already gone as it is Wednesday afternoon here. But I just wanted to write that we'll be praying for you guys. For a safe and spiritually growing experience.