Johnson

Johnson

Monday, March 24, 2008

Earthquake!!!

So, the other day Rob and I were reading in bed before we were going to go to sleep and the bed started swaying back and forth. Rob said "Christina, stop shaking the bed." But I wasn't moving. I thought he was shaking the bed. Weird. And then we looked around and the door to the bathroom was moving back and forth and things were rattling a little. We experienced our first earthquake. It wasn't that big, and lasted only about 30 seconds, but it was an earthquake. It wasn't how I imagined it would be. I thought it would feel like everything was shaking, but it was more like everything was rocking back and forth. Interesting!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was there much damage from the Earthquake in the area?I have never experienced one. Just about every other kind of natural disaster.

Melissa

Renee said...

Wow, that's pretty crazy. I've never felt one. But I had the same thought as you - I just thought everything would be shaking.

Fely said...

Hey, nice to meet you too. I've been here for more than a year. And thanks for the compliments.. and you know babies, they are just so cute no matter what, they make you feel happy in every way. I wish I could come back in the Philippines pretty soon, but well I can't say when hehehe... well thanks for stopping by my blogs and you have a wonderful day :D

Bekah said...

I remember my first earthquake there in Davao. I think I felt a few before I figured out what was going on. At first I thought I was imagining things. The very first one was in the morning, and I thought I must still be dreaming. The next was at night in bed and I thought the same thing. The third lasted longer and I was grading papers, so I knew I was awake! I looked down, and the water in my glass had waves in it. That's when I finally figured it out. My sister was down the hall, and she didn't get it though. It is a pretty weird feeling, so I can definitely relate!