Johnson

Johnson

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Field Trip

This past week was the high school ISAC tournament. The boys were playing soccer and the girls were playing basketball. The tournament was on Luzon, so all the high schoolers on the teams had to fly up to Manila on Wednesday and stay there until Sunday. Most of the students here at MICA are on the sports teams, so we were left with about 1/4 of the student body. Instead of just going on with classes, we decided to take the kids to a ropes course, where they did low elements and high elements. They stayed overnight on Wednesday and came back on Thursday. On Friday we all went on a boat trip. Rob and I have not been on a boat trip here in Davao, so it was really fun to be able to go! Although Friday was cloudy and windy, everyone had a fun time snorkeling. The principal here at MICA teaches marine biology and knows A LOT about underwater life. He would have the students go looking for certain creatures and bring them back to the boat and he would talk about them. It was really fun. My favorite part about all that we did was getting to know the students better. I only teach one class here at MICA, so this was a good opportunity for me to get to know some of the students I do not have in my class. My other favorite part: Taking pictures!! Of course I have to share some of them with you!! The trust fall

I'm not so sure if Rob trusts these students to catch him.
You have to get your whole team from one side of the spider web to the other, without touching the web. You have to get your team from one side of the wall to the other.


Gotta love the zip line!
Two of the students enjoying the boat ride
Rob very interested in this sea creature A cool star fish

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When can I come visit? You do the coolest things.Jordan is making straight A's We might have a geinus on our hands.
Love and miss you guys.

Melissa

Anonymous said...

I dont't know about Rob, but Christina, I know you did not have any kind of field trip like this, just Bunny Bread tours, Zoo trips, etc. Of course, you were alittle bit younger then.
All my love,
Mom