Johnson

Johnson

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Back to school...

Well, the second semester started yesterday. Rob is still teaching 9th grade OT and 3-4th grade & 7-8th grade PE, as well as supervising all the maintenience at Faith Academy. My role has changed quite a bit this semester, and will continue to do so. I am still teaching yearbook at MICA. I have 3 more students this semester, for a total of 6 sudents in the class, which is good. I am still the Student Council Advisor. For the next 3 weeks I will be teaching 1-2nd grade and 5-6th grade PE over at Faith. It has been fun getting to know the elementary students. They are a lot more energetic than the high schoolers, especially for PE. Today I had the 5-6th grade, so I have not met the 1-2nd graders yet. Rob and I are also squad leaders for the juinor high Outdoor Ed (OE). OE is a trip they take every year that last for about a week. It is a time where they do outreach together, learn about the Lord and bond. The Juinor High always does their OE with Faith Manila, so there are tons of students, but we are just incharge of our 9 students. The Squads meet twice a week, during school hours to discuss OE, come up with a team name, cheer, etc. We met with them yesterday. They really are a great group of kids.
Rob and I were also asked to teach some Korean students english. We are not sure what level they will be at. This is not with either school. It is actually being run by a Korean missionary. We will be teaching 2 night classes a week for the next 7 weeks. Tonight is our first class, so we will see how that goes. All we know is that there are 19 students from elementary to high school, so Rob will take the jr high and high school and I will take the elementary students. So, our roles have changed again, but we are happy to help out where needed.

1 comment:

allison said...

Yall have one of the coolest blogs!! what great opportunities the Lord has given you