Johnson

Johnson

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What a Mighty God we Serve

Yeah, so I know that I have not posted about this, but I think most of you know. Life has been so crazy lately, I almost forgot I even had a blog! Rob and I are moving to Davao, Philippines to teach at a missionary kids school for about 10 months. We recently bought our tickets! and will be flying out of New Orleans on August 3, and arriving in the Philippines August 5. I guess August 4 just won't really exist for us considering we will only be traveling for 24 hours! Needless to say we have been extremely busy preparing to move overseas. The crazy part is that we were accepted at the beginning of May and needed to be there at the beginning of Aug. Yeah, I know, do the math, that's only 3 months to prepare! Talk about a God-sized task. The last 3 months have been some of the hardest times in my life and some of the sweetest times in my life, where I could sense the Lord gradually leading me along each step of the way. God is just working everything out. It is the most amazing thing to see. I NEVER dreamed that we would raise the amount of money we needed in the 3 months that we hadto raise it. Rob and I assumed that we would have to save money, sell his truck, etc. in order for us to be able to have enough money to go. In the last few weeks, GOD (only God could do this!) has blessed us by giving us almost 100%! Yeah, a couple of weeks ago we were only at about 35%. our God is so amazing! God is so much bigger than I think He is! I am still blown away at how He is taking care of all the details! It is so amazing to see. I wish that I could convey to you in words how much God has provided and taught us through this process, but it just seems that words do not do justice! All I feel like I can do lately is thank the Lord for all He is doing in our lives! Davao, Philippines here we come! 15 days and counting! We are so convinced that this is the next step in our journey of life and we can't wait to see what the Lord is going to do in us and through us as we serve Him overseas!! Praise the Lord!

No comments: