Johnson

Johnson

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Couponin'

So, yes, I coupon. And now that I have been doing it for the past few months, and see how much money I'm SAVING, I wonder what I was thinking all of those years of NOT couponin'! Really, it's amazing! Now that I know I can only spend a little over $1 for a box of cereal I use to pay $3 or more for, I don't know how I could ever return to not coupon in'. And that's just cereal, not to mention all the other things I use to pay full price for that I now pay less than half the original price. It does take time and can be a little work, but the return is definitely worth it!
Yesterday was one of my proudest days as a couponer. I never thought I would be one of "those" bloggers who would actually line up everything they bought, take a picture, and post how much I paid for it (not that I have a problem with bloggers who do. In fact, seeing all the amazing deals my friends have posted is what convinced me to actually try this whole coupon thing. I just never thought I would blog about it ;), but when you watch your transaction total go from a little over $30 to just 92 cents, it's worthy a blog right?! I took a trip to Target and CVS and here are all the things I got for FREE (yes, that's right, I said FREE) or for only a few cents.
And here is my CVS transaction that rang up at over $30 and, with all my coupons and ECB, went down to just 92 cents. Not to mention I got 5 ECB back to use on my next purchase!
Pretty fun stuff!

3 comments:

Melody said...

Ok. Christina. When you come here next month, I need a serious lesson in this! I read the blogs and get the idea. But I can never make it work right. I think I spend more money buying stuff I probably wouldn't buy otherwise. Is it because I'm not looking in the right places? Or am I not putting enough time and effort into it? And what is the ECB thing at CVS? And Walgreens? I need you to show me how to make this work!!!

Carpenters said...

I am so-o-o-o proud of you!!! YAY!!! I read your friend's comment and we should have a coupon party where we share our experiences and if anyone needs clarification, we can help each other. Keep it up, girl. Those are some AMAZING deals.

-C said...

Nice work. Anyone else feel like sometimes couponing conflicts with being green? For instance, I'm kind of completely opposed to bottled water in general. Too much waste even if you use EVERY one of them a couple times. And, if you buy smaller sizes, isn't that more plastic in our landfills? On top of all that, since I've been using coupons, I'm feeding my kids more processed foods than I ever would have before just because I got it for pennies. I'm trying to find limits to what I will choose to bring in my house even if it's free or cheap. Anyone else struggle with that? Would love to talk about that stuff with you and Abby! :)