Johnson

Johnson

Friday, May 22, 2009

Doctor's appointment

Well, I went to the doctor today and had quite the eventful day. It was way more eventful than I thought it was going to be anyway. Found out I am 1 1/2 cm dilated and about 50 % effaced, which was a big surprise considering that I was nothing at the last appointment only a week ago. But I had high blood pressure which is never something you want to hear. So, my doctor had me go up to labor and delivery and do a non stress test. Which is where they watch the baby's heart beat for about a half an hour and watch your blood pressure, pulse, etc. They also had me do a few blood tests. It was a little scary, but everything seemed to be ok. It was crazy because the doctor was talking about how if something came back wrong that they might have to INDUCE!!! oh man, first of all, I don't want to be induced, especially this early (I'm still 3 weeks from my due date). But it made me really realize how close we really are to having this baby. I mean, I am full term now. Not to mention that my friend whose due date was only 4 days earlier than mine just had her baby today!!! Oh man. Anyway, like I said, all of the tests came back fine. I just have to do a 24 hour urine test (yuck) and now I have to go to the doctor 2 times a week to have the non stress test done until I have him. I guess they are just taking a lot of precautions. My mom told me that she had slightly high blood pressure with her first pregnancy, and everything was fine. So, I am not too worried about it, I am probably just following in her foot steps. Anyway, if you think about it, I would appreciate your prayers, just that I would remain calm and not worry about my blood pressure. Worrying is just about the worst thing I could do right now. I need to just give it all to God. He's got it all under control, I don't need to worry about anything.

3 comments:

Linds said...

I'll be praying, but you're right, they just take things VERY cautiously when you are that close to delivering and you have all of those symptoms. Take it easy!
Also, don't stress too much if they end up having to induce... I was REALLY scared about it and they ended up having to use pitocin b/c my body wouldn't relax. I reacted really well to it. Just get an epidural and you'll be fine-- I slept until they told me it was time to push!

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl~ I'll be praying for you and little man...From an L & D persecptive, try to stay off your feet as much as possible and rest...it will help keep your pressure down. Keep me posted!!! I'll be waiting to hear the news of his big arrival! Kate

Melody said...

You're so close, Christina! How exciting! Don't worry. The doctors are just being extra cautious. If they're like my doctors, they have a tendancy to overreact and make you freak out thinking something is wrong when everything's fine. Personally I'd be excited to have a baby a couple of weeks early! =) And inducing isn't that bad. They induced me with Julia, and I got an epidural at 3 cm. It was a virtually pain free delivery! =) I know God has a perfect plan for when your baby boy will be here. I'll be praying for you guys!