Johnson

Johnson

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Killing Chickens

One of the most memorable things about OE was when we killed the chickens. In case any of you are interested in this, I am posting a video of one of the students killing the chicken. I will warn you, it is not the most pleasant sight, so you probably should not watch this if you pass out at the sight of blood. Actually, there really isn't that much blood. I found it pretty interesting how they taught us to kill the chickens. You want to make the chicken dizzy first, so that it does not know what's coming. Then, well... you will see in the video. I thought we would have to chop the head off with an ax, but we didn't. Anyway, here it is if you are interested:

4 comments:

Chip Burkitt said...

Looks pretty easy. Makes me wonder how they do it in industrial chicken farms where they slaughter them by the hundreds. I bet they've got some process that takes less time per chicken....

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool!

Melissa

Linds said...

wow... that's all that comes to mind, and i haven't even watched it (not sure i could hold down my lunch if i did!). perhaps you should come and visit northwest arkansas, where we have so many chicken farms and chicken plants it litterally smells like chicken you know what at night when the wind blows northwest. looks like yall had a blast!

Renee said...

So that was pretty gross. The worst part for me was to watch the body of the chicken still moving around after its head was cut off!