Johnson

Johnson

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Routine

Yeah, so March went by rather quickly. I'm not so sure where March went, but it came and went without much adventure. Just working, doing things at church, spending time with my family and more importantly spending time with my husband, but mostly just working.
So, I distinctly remember visiting my brother and sister-in-law in Virginia a few years ago, when I was still in college. I visited them for about a week. And well, I just realized how routine their lives had become. Of course in my college-student mind I remember thinking, "Does life really get that routine?" And well, I guess it does. After having moved 5 times within our first year of marriage, we have been living in the same place for well, I guess 7 months now (yeah, a record for us!!!) and we have been working for the same company for over a year now. ( I know know, I know, it doesn't sound all that long, but I guess it just seems long) And well, I hate to admit it, or even say it, but our lives have become, well a bit routine. I can almost go through every day of the week and tell you exactly where Rob and I will be and what we will be doing, with a few exceptions on Saturdays. I'm not so sure if that's bad, good, or just the way life is. Probably just the way life is.
I guess all this thinking and writing about routine just gets me wondering about how it effects my walk with the Lord. Am I just letting God be a part of my routine, fitting Him where He goes in my schedule? Or is my life completely for Him, seeking to know Him through whatever comes my way, desiring to know Him more through the seasons of life? I don't want a routine relationship with the Love of my life. I don't just want God to fit in my schedule, I want Him to be what my life is about! Living step by step, day by day, seeking God in all circumstances in life, whether it be in a frustrating phone call with a customer, or driving home from work in traffic learning patience. I want to seek God and what He is teaching me. My prayer is that no matter what tomorrow brings, it will be another day to learn more about my God, and learning to love Him more every step of the way. And that is anything but routine!

No comments: