Johnson

Johnson

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Easter

So, I have family that lives "in the country" on a plantation surrounded by sugar cane farms in Bayou Goula, LA. Ever Easter and Thanksging our family would drive to the country and spend the holiday on the plantation. Well, I have not been able to go for a few years. And this Easter, well, it was really Good friday, Rob and I went to the country. Rob, being from NE, loved being out surrounded by farms. We even got the chance to shoot Rob's new gun that I got him for Christmas (yeah, it was the first time he had the chance to shoot it. Living here in NO, there's not really much opportunity to go shooting.) By the way, I'm actually getting pretty good at shooting a gun. I actually learned how to aim. Anyway, here are some pictures of our trip....

Here we are at the smallest church in the world. Yep, it's actually in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Who knew that was in LA??!!

This is Nottaway Plantation (not the plantation my family lives at). This is one of the most famous plantations in LA. On Saturday, we decided to go take a tour!

Here's Rob sitting in the dinning room at Nottaway Plantation! Doesn't he look excited to be there?

Men and women use to have to go up different staircases. Women on the left, men on the right!

2 comments:

Gramps said...

Thanks for sharing. I was especially interested in the smallest church. Do they have sevices there? I enjoyed the other pics too. when you come to NE you can shoot my new rifle it has a scope.

Chip Burkitt said...

Cool pics. I love to here what's going on down south.