Johnson

Johnson

Monday, December 18, 2006

Celebration in the Oaks Fun Run

OK I wrote this blog a while ago, and forgot to post it, so here it is. The race we ran was on Dec. 9th:
So, last Saturday Rob and I ran a 2 mile run through New Orleans City Park for the Celebration in the Oaks Fun Run. It is an annual run. I ran it once in high school, and thought it would be fun to do again. Rob and I had fun running together (yes, he ran with me the whole way, even though he runs much faster than me!).
For those of you who don't know what Celebration in the Oaks is: During Christmas time they decorate city park with a LOT of Christmas lights and decorations. And you can just walk through the park and enjoy. After the run, they gave us "free" (we had to pay to be in the race) enterance to the part of the park that is decorated for Christmas. Although they don't change a whole lot every year, it is always something I enjoy going to. I can remember walk through that same park as a little girl, and now I can go with my husband! How fun!

1 comment:

Andy said...

i love that park too. it's been a couple or years since i've been. maybe next year.