Johnson

Johnson

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ambassadors

I love seeing how God uses so many people, circumstances, and most importantly  His WORD to encourage me lately.  I know He is always there working in my life, I think I am just a little more aware of it lately!
I have been reading through 2 Corinthians during my personal Bible study time.  This morning I was reading chapter 6, where it says,
 "Therefore if anyone is in Christ he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold new things have come.
Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, namely that God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
Therefore, we are AMBASSADORS of Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God." - 2 Corinthians 6:17-20

Being Ambassadors of Reconciliation is something that our church preaches often and something both Rob and I have thought about A LOT lately.  God has done amazing things in both Rob and I's life.  We have come to trust in the saving work of Jesus Christ through His death on the cross.  God has SAVED us.  And our lives are forever changed because of that!  We are NEW CREATURES!  And it is because of this that our desire is to be Ambassadors for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  To let the world know of God's amazing love and how He has demonstrated that through the cross.
 We know this to be true, with everything that we are!  We believe in this message and know how God can change lives through this amazing truth.  This is why we are selling all our stuff and leaving everything we've ever known to move to the other side of the world, to share the message of reconciliation with Southeast Asia, to be "Ambassadors of Christ!"

No comments: