Johnson

Johnson

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

He's ready for crafts!

So, last week was REALLY cold (freezing in my book, but most of you Northerners would laugh at me! It was in the mid 30's) I don't know if it's because I am pregnant or what but this winter is driving me crazy! I can never seem to get warm, no matter what! I am BEYOND ready for summer to come. I would much rather be sweating in the heat than shaking in the cold ANY DAY! OK, enough complaining from me. Just wanted to get that out.
Therefore, due to the weather, I refused to leave the house last week. Well, ok Monday was beautiful so we went to the park and went for a walk. So glad we did because the very next day it was really cold. I was thankful we had spent plenty of time outside on Monday! So, after Monday, I figured we could make due with what we had in the cupboard and freezer and we would be ok. No need to even go to the store, right?! By the end of the week I was feeling really bad for Clay. Poor kid was stuck in the house all week. So, I decided we would change things up a bit and do some crafts. We finger painted with some baby food I still had from our baby food days. Of course, once Clay learned that it was actually food, he was more interested in eating it than painting with it. Then, we did play-doh for the first time. Clay really liked it and only tried to eat it a couple times! Makes me realize he is ready for some toddler crafts and that I need to try to be a little more creative!

2 comments:

Renee said...

What is with these kids and eating? I swear, Sora would eat all day if we let her. But hey, if you keep giving him edible crafts he will LOVE craft time for sure!

Mimie said...

Yeah, that boy can eat now, but wait until he is 15!! What a cutie he is!!