Johnson

Johnson

Monday, November 30, 2009

Solids

Last Saturday, Clay hit a new milestone in his young life. We started solid food! It's a little sad to see my little baby grow so fast. Eating solid food from a spoon! He took to it immediately! Even with the first spoonful, he opened his mouth and swallowed it like he had been eating from a spoon his whole life. Of course, he made the whole, "what in the world is this" face, but quickly opened his mouth for more. We find him kicking and squealing during meal times because he loves it so much. And we just can't seem to shovel it in quickly enough! Also, we often find him whining when we are eating in front of him. Well, we went from only one meal a day to 3 meals a day very quickly. His first food (like most babies these days) was rice cereal. Since then he has eaten peas, bananas, green beans, and as of today, oatmeal. He is doing great and really loving it. My plan has always been to make his baby food, but since we started solids a few days before going to Dallas for Thanksgiving, I decided to just start with baby food and make it when we got home. Today, I made green beans. Funny thing, he didn't really love the baby food green beans, but the fresh ones I made for him, he loved. I guess this little guy just loves nice fresh veggies (which I don't mind). I'm looking forward to making sweet potatoes and peas tomorrow! These are some pics from his very first taste of rice cereal!Humm... I think I'm full mommy!

2 comments:

Renee said...

You're well on your way to having a veggie lovin' little boy! :-)

Melody said...

He's so cute, Christina! And I love the pic of Rob's mouth hanging open while he feeds hiim! Caleb always makes fun of me for that, but it's impossible not to do. =)