Johnson

Johnson

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Hurricanes and Travel

Ok, I know it has been forever since I have posted. And I don't have much time now. But as most of you heard there is a hurricane in the gulf and it looks like it will be heading towards Louisiana. Needless to say, since Katrina any hurricane that comes close is big news and a big threat. So, everyone is packing-up all their valuables and heading out. I am currently in Virginia. No I did not evacuate all the way to Virginia. I am here helping my brother and sist-er-in-law, watching their 2 cute boys while they pack and then drive all the way to Dallas. Which means that Rob is left to evacuate by himself. He will do fine, although I think he is realizing that evacuating is not all that fun (ever since we moved to New Orleans, he has wanted to evacuate for a hurricane). Especially since it seems that everyone else around him is freaking out about it! No one wants to loose the few sentimental things they recovered from the storm. I am sure the interstate is going to be crazy because everyone will be taking all the cars they own and stuffing them full with all their stuff! We will see... I know that God is in control, no matter what happens.

1 comment:

Linds said...

My aunt and uncle are evacuating tomorrow to baton rouge... it's so sad, since they JUST finished paying off their loan from katrina, and JUST finished redoing their house... last week. my prayers are with your family and the entire gulf coast!